What Are You Doing Here!

Hello and welcome to the DisneyYAC blog, whoever you are!
Perhaps you are looking around online for information on the job before applying, or maybe you've just been hired and are trying to find out more about what you're going to do! Or, perhaps you're a current or former Youth Activities Counselor reminiscing and reliving the job - or even a family member trying to find out what your loved one does at work. Or you're one of our managers trying to find out who has a blog so you can fire us for being honest.

Whatever the case, welcome! I have written about different aspects of the job, from the pay to the perks, the hours to the horrors, and to getting started and hired up to quitting or getting fired. Read away, and ask questions as much as you want!

And the best place to start is right here:


Thursday, January 30, 2014

Another Question!

Another Question!



"Why do Americans have to get one?"


This is an excellent question, and I don't really know why they make Americans go through that whole tedious process when clearly anyone with American citizenship should be able to get off with no problems.
(And believe me, many Americans have made it quite vocal and clear that this makes no sense)

Part of it might have to do with the fact that you will never be in possession of your Passport at any point when you step off in land, and thus having a solid I-94 is technically your only proof of being allowed to legally be there. And even if you might have your driver's license or state identification card on you, maybe those doesn't count?

Either way it's one of those silly requirements that's part of working on a ship that everybody still has to endure!

8 comments:

  1. Your blog is exactly what I'm looking for! Keep writing!! :3 and can you share your happiest, saddest, tearful, embarrassing, proudest, shocking, and romantic moments while on board? X))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be great to see actual photos as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the training like? Where do you live while training?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved this blog, just perfect and so detailed for all of us cast members waiting to be assigned a ship =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you still wiring?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I read this before I started working on my ship. The other new joiners who started with me already quit, it was so much they didn't prepare for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic blog! I am currently working for Disney in China but thinking about working for the cruise line at some point in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for writing this blog! I have wanted to be a YA counselor since I was 12 and now I am 18 and still planning on applying for this position when I am 21. Hearing all the negatives about the jobs does make me a little bit nervous but I love Disney and I want to create the "Disney Magic" for families that I have experienced in the past. I hope the fact that I have been on a few cruises does not make me less likely to be hired. Since you went back contract after contract, I would assume that this job is something the right people can really grow to love. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Feel free to ask and I shall answer!